Unless otherwise listed, all images are by Misty Keasler and protected by copyright law. Permission required to redistribute the images online or in any other media.

Friday, February 12, 2010

White Texas?!?

It snowed more than a foot here yesterday - completely unheard of in Dallas. I was stuck in Houston for several hours waiting to catch a plane to Dallas and got in pretty late. I just love the house covered in snow!

The chicken run collapsed under the weight of snow, so I think a new, more permanent run is in the future. The funny thing is, the chickens won't go out in the snow! I got them out briefly with food, but they headed back inside the coop after a few mins. Their feet aren't made for wet or cold. Happy me and miserable chickens!


Pepper has been reintegrated and is happy and healthy. The was a great surprise waiting for me...
Yep - her very first eggs - and five at that! I thought she wouldn't lay because she is underweight but she's been busy! Yea! Finally, after all that waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment